Another summer morning and same routine, I guess I need to do something creative to get away from the routine is my thought every morning but somehow I get stuck there because once the little one is up she keeps me busy and gets creative with her pranks ;).
Lassi is a yogurt based drink sweet or spicy( i have posted a version of spicy one HERE ) mostly famous in North India but now almost made all over the world. I or say we love both the versions. I have not posted the regular lassi here but you just need to skip the fruit and your sweet lassi is ready.
Here is what we need for Mango Lassi:INGREDIENTS :
- 2 cups of fresh chopped mango pieces, about 3 to 4 medium sized mangoes( I used alphonso mangoes, but you could use any good variety of mango. You could also use readily available mango pulp when mangoes are not in season)
- 2 cups chilled full fat fresh curd/yoghurt (you can use low fat too it’s your choice)
- a pinch of saffron strands
- 4 tbsp sugar (you can use honey if you want to avoid sugar)
- Peel the mangoes and chop them.
- In a blender or mixer, puree the mangoes with sugar or honey and saffron.
- Now add the chilled curd/yogurt.
- Blend for some seconds till everything is mixed well and the yogurt has become smooth.
- Pour mango lassi in glasses and serve.
- If you want a slightly thin consistency, then add some milk to the mango lassi while blending.
You can flavour with some cardamom powder too.
If you want the lassi to be still creamier you can add a tbsp of fresh cream.
To make plain sweet lassi skip the mangoes add in a little extra sugar and blend. Your lassi is ready
Add some ice cubes if you want it extra chilled.
Adjust the sugar if the mangoes are already sweet.
For More Mango Recipes check Here
With this its time to say Bubye,
Till then Happy Cooking,