Pasta Sauce

It’s been a very long time I’ve posted something on my lovely space. I do not like to give various reasons! I miss typing recipes and blogging! I keep thinking of posting atleast one recipe a week and I don’t know why I cannot keep upto this… I have so many pictures that I have to post here… I wish to do it asap. Fingers crossed.




 Today’s recipe is much demanded by my friends and insta followers ever since I’ve posted a picture of this sauce. Not its high time I post the recipe here!
 I do not claim this as typical Italian recipe. I've made it according to our taste.
Without much a do I will post a easy recipe for Pasta Sauce. This recipe is versatile it can be used for pasta,as a dip or even as a spread for sandwiches or chapathi.
Here is what we need for the sauce

Ingredients
2 Kg fresh tomatoes peeled and seeded (see notes)
15 cloves  garlic
¼ cup olive oil
¼ th cup fresh basil finely chopped(here I have used local basil as I didn’t get Italian basil)
1 sprig fresh thyme leaves or ½ tsp. dried thyme
1 sprig fresh oregano or 1 tsp. dried oregano
2 bay leaves
2 sprigs fresh parsley or 1 tsp. dried parsley
1 tsp red chilli flakes
1 tsp  sea salt (I love using sea salt as it gives a different flavor, if you don’t have one feel free to use normal salt)
1 tsp sugar (I’ve used brown sugar)


Method
 Wash the tomatoes and cut a small "x" on the top and drop into boiling water for 10 seconds and then drop into an ice bath. The skin will easily peel off.
Peel and seed the tomatoes and set aside.
Peel and finely chop garlic. .


Add the tomatoes, chopped basil leaves, oregano, thyme bay leaves, parsley,red chilli flakes, and sea salt in a mixie/blender and grind it well.
Pour the 1/4 th cup olive oil into a large deep pot on medium heat.
When hot, add the finely chopped garlic to the olive oil and saute for 5 minutes.
To this add ground tomato paste.
Simmer on low heat for atleast 30-40 minutes or until cooked down and starting to darken.
Add a tsp of sugar to balance the acidity.
Remove sprigs of herbs, bay leaves.
Switch off the flame and allow it to cool and store in a airtight glass jar.


Notes:
Use fresh or store in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
Use fresh and juicy tomatoes for a tasty sauce.
 I will soon post recipes using this Sauce!
Till my Next post,
Aps

Comments