Narayan Katar/Nan Khatai

I had posted a Narayan Katar almost 3 years back. Then I had no enough all purpose flour so had made it with total wheat flour. But I always wanted to try the typical Narayan katar just like my mom made. So here is the recipe for Narayan Katar.

3/4th cup all purpose flour/maida
½   cup powdered Sugar
½ cup ghee (adjust according to the mixture)
¼th tsp baking soda



Method:
Preheat oven at 180 C.
Add powdered sugar and ghee in a bowl nd mix well until creamy
Now add flour and  Mix gently with hands until it comes together.
Keep aside for 3-4 hours.
Later roll it into round lemon sized balls and dab the cookie gently. 
 Bake 15-20 minutes until the narayan katar turns light golden brown in the bottom.
 Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for a minute.
 Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Store in a air tight container.
Enjoy making and eating these.
I have even made some chocolate narayan katar, which i will be posting in my coming post.


Note:
You can just add a tbsp extra flour to get a little crunchy Narayan katar.
I like my narayan katar a little less sweet so just give a taste check before you roll it into balls.
There are various versions of Narayan Katar like a little soft texture and a little crunchy ones I like both, however it is the taste is awesome.
Happy Cooking,

Aps

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BANGARPET PANI PURI

Orange Pani Puri

Chudi Pooja and Nagar Panchami Significance with a recipe of Patholi