Happala Kismuri

Happolu means spicy Papad in Konkani. My mo makes variety of happolu like batate/potato happolu, jeevkadgi/breadfruit happolu, ponsa/jackfruit happolu, keerla/ bamboo shoot happolu, kele/raw banana happolu and this one that is Red chilli papad. I wish to take pictorials of happolu  that my Amma does and post it here, may be soon. I am not a big fan of these Red Chilli Papad like I am of the other ones. Yet I love this dish though I do not like the papad as it is ;).

This is a kind of Papad salad with coconut and coconut oil.  It just tastes yum when served with steaming hot rice and dal.




This is what you’ll need
Happol (red chilli papad): 6-7 ( deep fried or roasted over flame)
Onion: 1 (big)
Coconut: 4tbsp
Green chillies: 1
Lemon juice – ½ tsp
Coconut oil 1 tsp
Coriander leaves chopped – 1 tbsp


Salt to taste


Method:

1. Chop the onions and green chillies finely.
2. Mix the coconut, green chillies, onions lemon juice coriander leaves and salt in a bowl.
3. Crush the Happolu roughly with your hands and keep aside.
4. just before serving add coconut oil and crushed happolu and serve with dal and rice J.
Happy Cooking



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BANGARPET PANI PURI

Orange Pani Puri

Chudi Pooja and Nagar Panchami Significance with a recipe of Patholi