Happala Kismuri

Happolu means spicy Papad in Konkani. My mo makes variety of happolu like batate/potato happolu, jeevkadgi/breadfruit happolu, ponsa/jackfruit happolu, keerla/ bamboo shoot happolu, kele/raw banana happolu and this one that is Red chilli papad. I wish to take pictorials of happolu  that my Amma does and post it here, may be soon. I am not a big fan of these Red Chilli Papad like I am of the other ones. Yet I love this dish though I do not like the papad as it is ;).

This is a kind of Papad salad with coconut and coconut oil.  It just tastes yum when served with steaming hot rice and dal.




This is what you’ll need
Happol (red chilli papad): 6-7 ( deep fried or roasted over flame)
Onion: 1 (big)
Coconut: 4tbsp
Green chillies: 1
Lemon juice – ½ tsp
Coconut oil 1 tsp
Coriander leaves chopped – 1 tbsp


Salt to taste


Method:

1. Chop the onions and green chillies finely.
2. Mix the coconut, green chillies, onions lemon juice coriander leaves and salt in a bowl.
3. Crush the Happolu roughly with your hands and keep aside.
4. just before serving add coconut oil and crushed happolu and serve with dal and rice J.
Happy Cooking



Comments