Thai Green Curry
My last post was about Thai Green Curry Paste, so I thought why not post the curry itself before I Forget that its lying in my drafts ;).
If you have the green curry paste ready then this is a very simple dish to Pair with plain White rice, but we had it with Jasmine rice.
Here is what we need:
- 1 can good-quality coconut milk
- ½ cup broccoli florets
- 10 baby corns cut into 4 diagonal pcs
- 1 small green bell pepper sliced into chunks
- ½ cup mushroom cut into chunks
- 1 small yellow bell pepper sliced into chunks
- 1small red bell pepper, sliced into chunky pieces
- ¼ th cup snow peas
- 1 carrot cut into chunks
- ¼ th cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 3-4 lime leaves
- 1 birds eye chilli (red) finely chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp. oil for frying
- Place oil in wok or deep frying pan. Turn heat on medium-high and add paste. Stir-fry until fragrant (about 1 minute), add in broccoli and fry for a minute or two, then add in the mushrooms and give a nice stir.
- Then add the coconut milk. Add lime leaves and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Add carrot and broccoli, Cover and simmer another 3- 4 minutes unti carrots are is soft enough to pierce with a fork.
- Finally, add bell pepper, finely chopped red chilli and snow peas. Stir and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes, or until snow peas are cooked but still retain some of their crispness.
Do a taste test for salt and spice. If not salty enough, add up to 2 Tsp soy sauce, or sea salt. If too salty, add a little fresh lime or lemon juice. If too spicy, add more coconut milk until desired taste is reached.
If more sauce is desired, add up to 1 cup vegetable stock.