Kalambe Gojju /Brine raw mango chutney

My Last post was about how to make Kalambo/ brine green mango and as said I am here with the Chutney I made with it.
My Amma makes the best chutney and I feel mine is some percent away from hers the reason being she grinds it with Ragado (the traditional stone grinder) and me with Mixer grinder. As a kid or say even now I take spoonful of this chutney and enjoy it just like that without any accompaniment sometimes.
So this is one way to make Kalambe Gojju.


Ingredients
Grated coconut - 4-5 tbsp around ½ cup
Red chillies - 2-3
Salted ambuli – 1 Seed  removed
Garlic - 2-3 cloves
Salt - only if required (as the mango is brined it contains salt add only if u find the necessity)
Coconut oil - 1 tbsp
Method

Clean the salted ambuli/green mango and remove the seeds.
In a mixer jar add everything except coconut oil and grind to a smooth paste.
Do a taste check and add salt if required.Mix in the coconut oil.
Serve with rice and dal or even chapati or dosa It tastes Yummmmmm!


Yields - 1 large Cup
Serves- 3 (if u love it then this count will go for a toss ;))

 

Comments

Priya Suresh said…
fingerlicking chutney, love to enjoy with a bowl of rice.
Anonymous said…
Thank you for the post.