Butter Chakli/Butter Chakkuli
I tried a few chakli recipes last year but couldn’t post them due to some reasons. Today I am posting Butter chakkuli/chakli which can be prepared during Diwali.
Lets get cooking!
- 2 cups rice flour
- ½ cup besan / gram flour
- 2 tbsp roasted chana dal / roasted bengal gram / putani kaalu
- 1 tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- 1 tsp white or black sesame seeds
- pinch of hing / asafoetida
- salt to taste
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- Water as required to knead into a soft dough
- Oil for deep frying
- In a large mixing bowl take rice flour, besan and powdered roasted chana dal.
- Add cumin seeds, sesame seeds,hing and salt.
- Lastly add butter and crumble well with flour.
- Now slowly add water as required and start kneading.
- Knead to smooth and soft dough a little harder than chapathi dough.
- Furthermore, take star mold and fix to the chakli/chakkuli maker.
- Also grease the chakli maker with some oil.
- Now make a cylindrical shape out of dough and place the dough inside chakli/chakkuli/murukku maker.
- Now tighten the lid and start shaping chaklis on a butter paper.
- Now drop these into hot oil 3 at a time and fry chaklis on medium flame.
- fry till they turn golden brown and crispy from both sides by flipping it on both the sides equally.
- Drain them onto a paper towel.
- When cooled store them in a airtight container.
Serve Yummy Butter Chakli with some hot tea or coffee.
Instead of shaping chakkuli/chakli you can drop them directly in hot oil.
You can add chilli powder to make spicy butter chakli.