Deepavali/Diwali is round the corner and that means some rich food at home especially sweets. We need not buy sweets from shop but can always give a try at home. Today’s recipe is something sweet but is equally easy. It’s meethe chawal. I learnt this from cooking shooking video have made a little changes to it. Hope you like it and try it.
Here is what we need:
- Long grained white rice 1 cup
- Sugar 1 ¼ th cup(I used this much as the sugar wasn’t too sweet, adjust accordingly)
- Green cardamoms pods 4 crushed into powder
- Cinnamon 1" piece
- Saffron dissolved in warm water ½ tsp
- Ghee 5 tbsp (you can use 3 more tbsp if you aren’t calorie conscious)
- Dry fruits and nuts chopped finely for garnishing(I used cashew nut, almonds and pistachios)
- Soak rice for half an hour.
- Cook it and drain out the water when it is nearly ready (say 80%) .
- Now heat the ghee and roast the nuts (reserve some for garnishing)and add all the ingredients rice, cinnamon, sugar and saffron..
- When this is done, cover it with a lid and cook on low flame till rice separates and is dry.
- Sprinkle dry fruits on top.