Who doesn’t like yummy food if yummy can be healthy then it’s an added benefit. I have made Oats Upma, Lemon Oats, kheer so I thought of experimenting and making Oats Puliyogare.
I am sure you all will like it.
- ½ cup Oats
- ¾ cup Water
- 1 tsp. Oil (preferably sesame)
- 10 Peanuts
- 2-3 Curry Leaves tore into two pieces
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp. Puliogare Gojju
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- Lightly toast oats in a sauce pan for 2 minutes making sure they don’t burn. To this add water and cook until the oats are cooked.
- In a separate pan, heat sesame oil and roast peanuts until light brown.
- Add mustard seeds when they splutter add curry leaves, salt and asafoetida and lightly roast them for a few seconds.
- Add puliogare gojju and cook for a minute. Turn off the heat.
- Pour the prepared oats to the Gojju mixture and mix well.
- Switch on the flame and heat this oats Puliogare for about 2 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and Serve hot.
The puliogare Gojju has peanuts but I like the crunch so I added few more.
Oats and water measurement I used is 1:1¾ , if you want it a little dry use 1:1 n half proportion( i was skeptical so used a little more) check with the oats you use.
To make rice puliyogare you can cook rice and add rice instead of Oats. I will post the rice version soon.