Dahi wali mirchien is a recipe which I recently read in a Food App in my mobile phone. I thought of trying it soon as I had bhavnagari chillies/ big chillies.
It tastes yum and is very easy to make.
Here is what we need:
- Big Green Chillies/Bhavnagri chillies 4
- Oil 2tbsp *note
- Garlic finely chopped 4-6
- Jeera 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds/Rai ¼ tsp
- Onion Seeds/Kalonji ¼ tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds/Methidana just a little
- Lemon juice – 1 ½-2 tbsp
- Green chillies finely chopped – 1 small
- Yogurt ¾ th cup
- Finely chopped coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- Put one cut lengthwise in each of the green chillies and deseed them.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Shallow fry the green chillies and drain on a paper towel. Once done remove it on plate and add salt and lemon juice and marinate for one hour.
- Meanwhile whisk the Dahi/ Curds/yogurt well.
- In the remaining oil add jeera, when splutters add methidana,kalonji and garlic and stir until garlic is a little crisp now add finely chopped green chillies. Mix and make sure it doesn’t get burnt. Switch of the flame and add this tadka to the Dahi/yogurt.
- Now add the marinated big green chillies as it is with the lemon juice and give the yogurt chilli mixture a light mix. Add extra salt only if necessary.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- It is ready to serve.
The Actual recipe asks to deep fry the green chillies but i have shallow fried it to reduce oil. you can deep fry it if you wish to.