Oats Undi with Green Chilli Pickle
I learnt it from a food group in FB, it was posted by dear Archana Shenoy a wonderful blogger too.
Here is the recipe for Oats Undi:
Oats – ¼ th cup
Rice Rawa – ½ cup
Water – 1 ¼ th cup approx
Salt to taste
Coconut Oil or any cooking oil
½ tsp jeera
½ mustard seeds
¼ th methi seeds
½ tsp urad dal
1 red chilli broken ito tiny pcs
1 sprig curry leaves torn into pcs
Wash rice rawa and keep aside.
Heat oil in a Kadai add the ingredients mentioned under tempering one by one last being curry leaves.
Now add in the water and salt.
When water boils add oats and stir well.
Now rice rawa and stir it well and make sure it forms no lumps.
Keep stirring until it combines and gets semi thick, switch off the flame and allow it to cool down a little.
When the mix is being able to handle grease your hands with water and make small balls of these and just make a small impression with your index finger in the middle of the undi.
Place it in the Steamer and steam for 10-12 minutes.
Serve these Undis with Pickle or Chutney of your Choice.
I have Served it with Green Chilli Pickle
Recipe for the Green Chilli Pickle is:
- Big Green Chillies – 250 Gms
- Lemon Juice – 1 Cup
- Mustard Powder – ¼ Cup
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Turmeric – 1 Tsp
- Salt – ¼ Cup
- Chop the green chillies into a inch size.
- Heat the oil to smoking point and let it cool completely.
- Mix the green chillies, mustard powder, salt, and turmeric powder together.
- Add lemon juice to the green chilli and mix well.
- Add the oil and mix well.
- Store in a clean, dry, air-tight glass bottle.
- Wait for a week before the pickle is Served.
- Enjoy your Pickle with accompaniment of your choice.
- Select your chillies with care they must be fresh, firm, and raw.
Till Later Then,