Bhajjile Kadlo/ Roasted Peanuts
“If you carry your Childhood with you never become Older”- Tom Stoppard
Now that my lil `M’ is growing I have been asked to buy them for her whenever we visit the Park. I have bought it a couple of times until I learnt to make this myself. Now(its been long time for the now) when she asks me to buy them for her I have a standard reply- why you want to eat those 10-15 nuts when I will give you plenty of them ;). So these days she enjoys the plenty of them that her Mom gives her wrapped in a big paper cone. With all that I get a Big Hug and lots of kisses in return.
I am sure all of you have some memory regarding these crunchy peanut, and you would like to make your own so why wait?
Here is what we need:
2 cups Peanuts
2 tbsp water
½ tbsp salt (or according to your taste)
1) Add in peanuts in a microwave safe Bowl/ plate ( I recommend plate/tray as it will evenly roast).
2) In a small bowl add salt and 2 tbsp water mix well until salt dissolves.
3) Now add the salt water o the peanuts and rub well with your hands. Do not do this process vigorously and allow peanuts about 5 minutes as it is.
4) Now cook in microwave high temperature about 5 -6minutes (depending on your MW volt mine took 6 minutes ).
5) Tossed after every 1 minutes.
6) Store it in a air tight container.
Enjoy Homemade Roasted Peanuts J
I even carry few cones when we visit the Park as we (the family) love munching it.
See ya soon,