Palak Paneer Rice
What do u do when you have left over curry? Reheat and use the same?? I used to before but now a days I feel bored to use the same sometimes. So this week when I made palak paneer for dinner and it was left over the next day I used my cooking girl brain and made Palak Paneer rice.
And mind me it tasted Super and a new recipe got added to my recipe list.
Here is how I made it:
· Sona Masoori or Basmati Rice, uncooked – 1 cup [Soak in water for 10 minutes, remove water for later use]
· Ginger-Garlic paste – 1 tsp
· Tomato purée -1/4th cup
· Green Chilli -1
· Biryani masala/ pulav masala – 1 tbsp
· Left over Palak Paneer curry – 1 cup
· Black peppercorns, Bay leaves, Cloves, Cinnamon sticks, Star anise
· Salt to taste
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil and add the ginger-garlic paste, 4 peppercorns, 1 bay leaves, 1 star anise, and 1 small stick of cinnamon. Sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add green chilly and Mix well.
- Add the palak paneer(left over), tomato purée, to the above and cook properly for 4-5 minutes on a low flame. Add the pre-soaked uncooked rice, stir well, and add ¾ th cup of water. Add biryani masala, salt to taste. Stir well and covered until the rice is done( I took only 1 whistle as I use electric hot plate it takes a bit long than the gas stove) .
- Once cooled down mix well and serve just like that or with raitha J.
I have used 3/4th cup of water because there is 1 cup of Palak Paneer gravy remaining and 1/4th cup of tomato puree also. As the ratio of pulav or rice is 1:2 (1 cup rice : 3/4th cup water+1/4th cup tomato puree+1 cup palak paneer curry)From next time dont worry to recreate your Side dish to a new dish J You can even pack this for lunch in the Lunch Box J
Bye for now,