Orange Pani Puri

As Promised in my last post here I am With a Unique Pani recipe for the Pani puri.
How many of you love Pani puri ???  I guess there would be no NO’s but only Yes’s for this question. I we can skip dinner for pani puri, it is such a thing which attracts us like a magnet and calls us to finish it off if there are any puri’s remaining at home. It did with us this time too. I had made a huge amount of Puri’s this time and I thought why not give a twist to our regular Pani puri? So I just saw what was in my pantry and found the shiny bright oranges in my fruit basket and decided to make Orange Pani and the Regular pani. Yes u heard me right Orange Pani Puri.
Its one such Chaat which kids can eat without any fuss as it has a sweet flavor in it and is not spicy!

And that it is INDEPENDENCE DAY today and this includes all 3 colors of our national flag i decided to post it today.
Wishing all Aps Kitchen readers a Very Happy Independence Day!


I had seen this Idea in Master Chef India last year where in the Chef’s used different juices to create pani. 
Here is my version of it!

For The Puri’s Refer HERE
For Orange juice ka pani              
1.Orange juice-1 n ½ cup * Refer Notes
2.Salt to taste       
3.Roasted cumin powder- ¼th teaspoon   
4.Paani puri masala-1 teaspoon
5. Pudina chopped – 2 teaspoon
6.Lemon juice of ½ lemon( I used of ¼ lemon as they were very big in size)             
7. Amchur powder-1/4 teaspoon

Other Ingredients for filling
1. Soaked moong boiled- ¼ th cup
2. 1 tsp roasted jeera/cumin powder
3. ½  tsp Chaat Masala
4. Salt to taste
5. Finely chopped coriander leaves
6. 1 onion finely chopped


Method:

In a wide bowl take Mix all the above ingredients well and make sure everything gets incorporated well.
For the filling mix ingredients 1-4 well.


How to assemble:
Take a Puri make a small whole fill the potato mixture, add a few onions and coriander leaves and then dunk them in Orange Pani.

And right it goes into your mouth J.
Enjoy making them and make it for your friends and let them enjoy too!

Notes: 
  • If you are using readily available orange juice then there is no extra effort required. But if you are using fresh orange juice like the way I did then take 5 oranges cut them in between and remove juice with the help of a juicer. 
  • If u do not have juicer at home u can take the seeds individually and then remove the skin of ach of them and seed if any and blend it in a blender and then strain and use it.


With a new recipe will be back soon,

   

Comments

we have eat many many times pani puri but not like Orange Pani Puri, it's look very delicious, will try this, thanks for sharing and one more thing to share with you, I am a foodies so, search many things on net I found two more links are awesome 1st is Ahmedabad Best Restaurants
and 2nd is Find best dishes at restaurants in Ahmedabad

Hope you like it...
Chitz said…
That's a unique & yummy looking pani puri.. Rocks :)
what an inspired post that is. really lovely recipe and I can imagine the wonderful aroma of fresh orange coming through.
Just love this orange flavoured pain puri...looks extremely delicious
Unknown said…
Superb looking panipuri.. and so perfectly done..
====================================
Chatarpatar