Narayan Kataar / Nan Katai


Naan Katai / Narayan Katar A yummy eggless Indian cookie and its absolutely easy to make with minimum ingredients. And this was the Very first baked goodie I had made in my life... And when all the efforts written gets deleted it really hurts but yes better late than never so here i am blogging it again for all of you.
Narayan Katar is a Konkani word for Naan Katai…. I really donno y is it called so…:D.
Photobucket


Amma used to make them and give it  to a near by bakery (as they were family freiends:D).  she used to make these goodies especially for me… not to forget for my dad too… but lots for me :P.

Photobucket
Here is what I used:
3/4th cup wheat flour

3/4th cup powdered Sugar

½ cup ghee (adjust according to the mixture)

1/4th tsp baking soda

Almonds to decorate (optional, Amma never used it though)


Method:
Preheat oven at 180 C.

Add powdered sugar and ghee in a bowl nd mix well until creamy

Now add wheat flour and  Mix gently with hands until it comes together.

Roll it into round lemon sized balls and dab the cookie in between and place a almond on top of it. 

 Bake 12-15 minutes until the katar turns light golden brown in the bottom.

 Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for a minute.

 Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Photobucket


Tastes Yum Yum  when you add lozza love in it.

Till later then
Signing of


Comments

Unknown said…
Love nankhatai..they look so pretty
Torviewtoronto said…
looks wonderful deliciously done
Priya Suresh said…
Scrumptious and quite addictive cookies,love to munch some.
divya said…
looks very tempting. Irresistible.
Anonymous said…
Hi my friend! I want to say that this article
is amazing, nice written and include almost all significant
infos. I would like to see extra posts like this .

Feel free to surf to my weblog :: wiki.juenger.com