Monsoon MagicRecipe #2 -Keerlu ani moong ghashi(sprouted moong nd bamboo shoots in spicy coconut gravy)


This Post was In the draft from pretty long time or say from a yr….. when I was abroad I never got fresh bamboo shoots but here in India we do get it during Monsoon… So I thought this is a best time to post during this Monsoon Magic recipe series….
I prepared this Dish when I was in Abroad and we got bamboo shoots all the 365 days BUT preserved!!! 

Photobucket

As I told in before post bamboo  shoots are one among our fav’s I make varieties of dishes with it….
Now here is one among that
Bamboo shoots cubed -2 cups( I used preserved ones here with fresh ones I will post recipe soon)
Sprouted Moong beans -1 cup (deskin the moong beans after soaking)
Coconut scraped – 1 large cup
Red Chilies 7
Tamarind – 2 pea sized
For tempering
Oil -2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Curry leaves few

Photobucket

Method:
Cook Moong beans in a deep bottomed vessel, add bamboo shoots.salt(add less salt as the preserved bamboo shoots have salt in it) and cook for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile roast red chillies and grind it with coconut and tamarind to a fine paste.
Add it to the moong and bamboo vessel.
Give it a good boil for 10 minutes .
Switch off flame.
In a mini kadai heat oil add mustard seeds when the splatter add curry leaves and ad it to the ghashi.
Yummy moong and bamboo ghashi is ready
Serve it with Rice. Or roti also will do the choice is yours.

Photobucket

The recipe with fresh bamboo will be coming soon @ Aps Kitchen


Tastes Yum Yum Face Eating Yellow Smiley Decoration Images when u add lozza loveYellow Smiley Face In Love Decoration Images in it.

Will be back with another Yummy Monsoon recipe!!!!!
TIll then Its Saying Bubye

Comments