When I first heard about ICC Challenge I thought I must join but I was hesitant if I cud or no…. But I told srivalli tht I will join when I m completely ready….. In April when she had recipe ready for ICC sago murukku I decided I must give it a try but was hesitant bcoz I tried murukku only once…. Then priti… posted it in her blog I saw the murukku in almost many blogs so decided to put my hats on to make it…. I made it tht day itself….. its been a month its lying down in my draft I thought lemme not waste time nd lemme post.
I used Half the qtty Srivalli Used
- Rice Flour - 1 cups
- Besan flour / Gram Flour - 1/4 cup
- Fried gram flour - 1/4 cup
- Sago - 1/4 cup
- Oil-25 gms + for frying
- Salt to taste
- Curd - 25 gms (half of half cup)( My curds ver a bit sour but do not use sour one apart from this everything was ryt in my murukku)
- Chilly powder - 1/4 tsp or as per taste
- Soak the Sago in Butter milk for 3 hrs, I noticed the more we soak less chances of bursting.
- Mix all the flour together, heat 25 gms oil, mix to the flour along with salt and chili powder. Then add the buttermilk soaked sago slowly and knead into a chapati dough consistency.
- Heat oil for deep frying. In the murukku acchu, add the dough. When the oil is hot, press down directly as you do for chaklis/ murukku.
- Cook on medium flame to ensure the murukku is cooked well.
Mind me I was successful in doing the murukku nd my happiness had no bounds JJJJJJ
Ok time to say C ya,