Tila Undo/ Til Laddoo/ White sesame seed Sweet Balls

Photobucket
Its been pretty long time I posted any food item.... I apologize for the delay... Have u forgotten me by any chance????? I hope No.....
Though m not a lover of sweets I can eat any sweet made at home.... (that doesn mean i dont eat store brought ones :P)... Amma makes such lovely goodies Yummm I love them....
Now that Amma and mamama is here m enjoying the goodies she is making...may be it laddoo or Ubbati (Obattu)... Its always Yum.... :)
This is my first experiment with Laddoo's with Amma's measurements.... :)
Til Laddoo
Photobucket
White Sesame seeds 1 cup
*Jaggery/Gud 1 cup
Ghee/Clarified butter 1/4 th cup
Cardamom powder 1/2 teaspoon
Cashe Nuts Few for decorating

Note : This jaggery is specially called "Laddu Jaggery or Chikki Jaggery". It is meant for making ladoos and is less brittle when cooked. You can use the regular jaggery if it not available in your local Indian grocery store.
Roast the sesame seeds . Keep aside for cooling. After the peanuts are cold, skin it and crush them in a mortar and pestle, into big pieces.

Heat the ghee in a vessel, when hot add the jaggery. The jaggery will liquify and start to foam. Make sure tht the jaggery liquid has come to a frothy consistency....*(to check take a bowl of cold water and add a tsp of liquid in it if we can form round nd sticky balls then its done)*. NOwRemove the vessel from heat source and add the sesame seeds, roasted cashews and cardamom powder. Mix well and keep stirring.

Using a little ghee to coat your hands take a piece of the warm mixture and form very small balls/ladoos, 1 inch in diameter. Store in a container. Will stay for a long time.
Photobucket

Tastes Yum Yum Face Eating Yellow Smiley Decoration Images when u add lozza loveYellow Smiley Face In Love Decoration Images in it.

Promising to come back with a bang of recipes,

Comments

Sushma Mallya said…
Hi Aps,how r u doing??Must be enjoying with your family out there...til laddos looks yum,my mom usually make it but she adds both white and black til...but yours looks lovely...
Aps Kitchen said…
Sushma that was pretty fast... thank u.... nd yeh m enjoying nd we make both black nd white but aeperate
Those laddoos look yummy dear..I love Til chikki too..
Hari Chandana P said…
Wow... my fav laddoo... looks soo cute n delicious.. lovely click!!
Aparna S Mallya said…
Wow, I love tile undo. Your pics look very nice. It must be great to have yr mom at home.
Priya dharshini said…
I LUV THIS BALLS..i THOUGHT OF POSTING IT IN MY BLOG..SESAME BALLS R WELL MADE..FEEL LIKE FETCHING ONE...
Deepa G Joshi said…
I cant get enough of these ladoos..just cant eat lots due the calori count LOL..who cares, huh..:P
Rachana said…
These ladoos look so cute and delicious!!!!
Tina said…
My all time fav ladoo...Sounds healthy and delicious...
Divya Kudua said…
Aparna..you were sorely missed!! So good to see you back.I have never tried making Til laddoos and always gorge on the ones amma makes[as usual:)].Looks really nice!!
Laddoos looks yummy and tempting. Nice click.
Ria Mathew said…
Til laddoos are one of my fav! I can eat them anytime. It always had a place in my tuck box when I was in the hostel :) Your have come out perrrfect! :D

Thank you so much for trying the konju varuthathu!I am glad that you liked it and made it for another 5 times:D The next time you make it, do click and blog, alrite? :)
Sum Raj said…
my fav toooooooo ....looks superb sweet..by the way ur amma and mamama with u now in mumbai?
Aps Kitchen said…
Thank U all...for remembering me so much...
nd @ ria.. I will surely do....
suma yeh my both ver here till today they just left bac to mlore today
Indian Khana said…
Wow looks yum..nice pics
Sum Raj said…
hey apoo..therez somthing waiting for u on my blog..plz collect them :)
Unknown said…
Hi Aps...luv yu space here...the til laddus are so tempting...luv the clicks.
Dershana said…
lovely looking till laddoos!
Simplyfood said…
These till ladoos look so delicious .Beautiful click too.My 1st visit here.You have anice selection of posts.