Kadgi Chakko/ Green Jackfruit Dry Curry/ ಹಲಸಿನ ಕಾಯಿ ಪಲ್ಯ


Kadgi chakko a Konkani dish & is most of the amchi’s fav. Varieties of delicacies are prepared with jackfruit. I’ll post some in my future posts. Here we couldn’t get fresh jackfruit but when I saw canned ones I just grabbed them because I love them. I have prepared chakko many a times at Amma’s place(mom’s place). So I wasn’t tensed as to how to prepare. And it was long time since I ate chakko. So decided to prepare.

Here is what we need:
Green jackfruit -1/2 piece
Coconut scraped -1 cup
Chilies – 7
Tamarind -2 peanut sized
Coriander seeds -2tsp
Salt to taste
Urad dal -1tsp
Oil -1 tsp
For seasoning:
Mustard seeds -1tsp
Curry leaves – 10
Oil -1tsp
Method:
As I used canned jackfruit a burden of peeling the jackfruit was off. Incase u are using fresh jackfruit then remove the skin and middle stick of it.
Cut jackfruit into cubes & boil until soft. When cooled mash these & keep aside.
For the masala- Fry urad dal,coriander seeds, chilies in 1tsp oil. Grind coconut, the fried items with tamarind to coarse mixture.
In a bottom pan add mashed jackfruit& the masala. Mix until the jackfruits absorb the masala. Add salt & boil for 10 minutes. Be careful that it doesn’t stick to the vessel.
Remove from flame.
For the seasoning –Heat oil add mustard seeds once they splatter add curry leaves & season it o the chakko.
A tasty chakko goes good with white rice with a combi of daalithoy.




I m Sending this to Laxmi’s RCI Event hosted by Sia Of Monsoon Spice RCI-Udupi and Mangalore . Kodial/ Kudla/MangaloreRocks!!!!
RCI-Udupi & Mangalore
Signing of for now

Comments

Namrata Kini said…
Hey lovely blog with authentic Konkani food. I love Chakko.
Varsha Vipins said…
Yummy Dish Aparna..I am missing Amma's chakka Puzhukku so much..:)
You have so many lovey recipes here dear..:)
Superchef said…
love the colour of the curry...its my first time here and you have a wonderful blog!!
Trupti said…
Hey Aparna, Curry looks very delicious.
check my blog for 2 wonderful awards.
Thanu said…
Hi,
Came across your blog today while browsing for konkani recipe.lots of authentic recipes to catch up...good job & happy blogging
Aparna Prabhu said…
Thank u naratha,varsha,superchef,thanu,and trupti.Happy to know many are going thru aps kitchen.
Trupti said…
Hey Aparna chk ur award Here

Popular posts from this blog

BANGARPET PANI PURI

Orange Pani Puri

Chudi Pooja and Nagar Panchami Significance with a recipe of Patholi