Beetroot Soup - with coconut milk
Now that winter has begun here you will get to see some winter recipes in Aps Kitchen.
Today we will make Beetroot Soup. I generally make Tomato and Beetroot soup but this time I combined beetroot with coconut milk which is classy. Let’s get making!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 3 large red beets, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 5 cups vegetable stock, divided
- 1 cup thin coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Parsley (optional)
- Crusty bread/croutons to serve (optional)
In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onion, 5 minutes.
Add garlic and ginger; cook, stirring often, 5 minutes.
Add beets and 4 cups stock; bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until beets are fork-tender, 20 minutes.
With an immersion or regular blender, puree soup, adding remaining 1 cup stock as needed to reach desired consistency.
Stir in coconut milk, salt and pepper.
Garnish with parsley and julienned beets and serve with bread croutons, if desired.
You can even roast the beetroots in Oven and puree them this will give a nice roasted touch to the soup.
Happy Cooking !