Dry Fruit Roll/Date and Nut Roll
Dry fruit roll recipe no sugar, no jaggery, dry fruits roll is an instant and healthy roll made only with dry fruits without any sugar or jaggery. The seedless dates are coarsely grounded to act as edible gum and gives natural sweetness to this yummy roll.
This is a very healthy version to all the Indian sweets.
I have made dry fruit laddoo adding dried figs instead of dates and this time I added dates and black currants and No figs. Both are super Yummy and Healthy.
- 1 cup seedless dates / karjur
- 3 tbsp black currants
- ¼ cup pistachios
- ¼ cup cashews
- ¼ cup almonds
I have used 1 tbsp of roasted pumpkin seeds while rolling the dry fruit roll(this is totally optional)
1. In a blender/small mixie jar take 1 cup of roughly chopped seedless dates and dry blend around 4-5 pulses.
2. Blend dates coarsely. keep aside.
3. Now finely chop cashews, pistachios and almonds.
4. Now take a kadai and add a tbsp of ghee.
5. Add all the dry fruits like raisins, cashews, pistachios and almonds.
6. Fry them on medium flame for 3-4 minutes till they change colour lightly.
7. Now add coarsely blend dates.
8. Continue to fry on medium flame smashing dates with a spatula. this helps dates to separate out and mix uniformly with other dry fruits.
9. Turn off the flame and allow to cool for a minute or 2.
10. Once mixed well, transfer the burfi into a plate and spread to cool.
11. While still warm knead the burfi and divide it into three portions.
12. Take one portion between palms and give a cylindrical shape.
13. Similarly form cylindrical shapes out of the two other rolls.
14. Take an aluminium foil and place one portion of the burfi on it and cover with the foil.
15. Roll tightly in the aluminium foil pressing at the ends.
16. Twist the foil at the ends to give a firm shape like a toffee.
17. Roll this on a flat surface to get even cylindrical shape an do the same for the two more also(for one I have sprinkled some roasted pumpkin seeds and then rolled the dry fruit mixture).
18. Place all the three rolls in refrigerator for 2-3 hours to make it firm to cut into slices.
19. After 2-3 hours remove the rolls from fridge and remove the aluminium foil. Cut the roll into desired thickness and serve.
Try to chop the nuts using a knife rather than using food processor or a mixer grinder. When the texture is powdery it gets mixed with dates and will not give the taste. When the nuts are chopped to pieces as we get the feel of them while eating.
Aluminium foil might be a little difficult to remove but not impossible.
Stay healthy eat healthy,