Eggless Chocolate Banana Cake - Guest Post by Preethi Shetty
Today I introduce our guest for today Preethi Shetty. She is my very good friend here in Abudhabi . we have been friends for almost 5 years now. We friends had a potluck lunch where each of us got yummy dishes and Preethi got this yummy Eggless Chcocolate Banana cake which was yum and moreover loved by my daughter Manya who is not a chocolate cake lover, immediately I asked for the recipe so that I add it here as a Guest post and she was so sweet she did it immediately.
Thank you Preethi for the yummy cake recipe.
Here is what we need :
3 bananas fully ripened
1 ½ cups sugar
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
3/4th cup oil (non fragrant oil )
½ tsp salt
2 cup all purpose flour
1 ½ tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp baking powder
3/4th cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup milk (room temperature)
1 cup Water (warm)
1 tsp Butter
For Frosting :
1 cup milk
2 tsp cocoa powder
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp butter
1. Preheat oven at 160 degree Celsius.
2. Grease the baking pan with oil or parchment paper.
3. Mash the bananas using a fork.
4. To the mashed bananas add sugar,oil,vanilla extract,milk,warm water and mix well.
5. Sieve flour,baking sods, baking powder,salt,cocoa powder.
6. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well(the mixture will be liquidy but do not worry).
7. Pour this batter in a greased cake pan.
8. Bake it for 50 minutes but keep an eye after 35 minutes, a toothpick or skewer inserted must come out clean.
In a deep pot mix all the ingredients mentioned under for frosting and cook it until the mixture thickens.
Allow it to cool down completely and pour it over the cooled banana cake and spead well to coat the cake evenly. Cut into desired shape.
Note: Preethi baked the cake in Gas Oven on Medium Flame so check your oven settings and bake the cake.