Thursday, September 24, 2009
I have always loved rice dishes…. Tawa pulav is the one I always ate nd loved but never knew how to prepare it…. Thanks to Master Chef Sanjeev Kapoor for showing this recipe in his wonderful show Khana Khazana……U can watch the vedio here
One fine day when we were so bz playing Carom it just struck my mind that Ah….Khana khazana myt be going on on TV….I just changed the channel nd what do I see….One of our Fav dish Tawa Pulav… I left my game aside nd saw the whole episode… I tried it the next day itself so tht I can pack it for lunch.
1/2 Cup Basmati rice
1/2 Cups chopped mixed vegetables(Carrot diced,Beans cut in lengthise,Capsicum cut in small dices,Gobi florets)
1/4 cup Fresh/Frozen Green peas boiled nd mashed
1/4 Cup chopped Tomato
1 medium onions chopped
1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 tbsp pav bhaji masala(the key ingredient in this pulav)
1/2 tsp red chilli paste(add if you want extra spicy stuff)
2 tbsp coriander leaves
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt to taste
2 tbsp Oil
Soak Basmati rice in water for 15-30 mins and cook the rice.
Heat Oil in a thick bottomed Tawa or Pan,fry the Onions until translucent,then add ginger-garlic paste and then add the Veggies,peas and fry them for approx 6-7 mins until they are crisp.
Add pav bhaji masala,red chilli paste,salt and the rice to the vegetables and mix gently on high flame.
Sprinkle lemon juice and finely chopped coriander.
Serve it piping hot with some cucumber onion raitha.
A stomach filling Tawa Pulav is ready to serve.
A hot tawaa Pulav, Raitha n a Cool Berry Juice completes the lunch.
Cucumber peeled nd chopped - 2
Onion peeled nd chopped - 1
Yogurt - 1 cup
Green chillies finely chopped - 1
Corriander leaves finely chopped - few strands
Salt to taste
Juice of half Lemon
Mix all the ingredients well add little water if required.
Serve with ne Pulav of ur choice.
Serves - 2
Verdict - It tasted awesome and u cant be without trying it again nd again..
Try this pals nd do lemme kno how did it turn out :)
Tastes Yum Yum when u add lozza love in it.
Sunday, September 20, 2009
M enjoying my whole week as we r having Ramadan Holidays.... I wish all my Muslim frenz Eid Mubarak. Nd Its Navarathri time too... so wishing every one Happy Navarathri...may God fill joy in all our lives.
The honest scrap tag i have already done u can find more about me here
Now about the other Tag
1) Link the person who tagged you .
2) Post the rules on your blog.
3) Share the ABC'S of you.
4) Tag 4 people at the end of the post by linking their blogs.
5) Let the 4 tagged people know that they have been tagged by you.
6) Do not tag the same person repeatedly but try to tag different people,so that there is a big network of bloggers doing the tag.
1) A - Available/Single - Sigh.....Those were the times....Now None its only about my Guru.
2) B - Best Friend ? -- Hey there y only friend...it wud be injustice if i mention only 1.
3) C - Cake or Pie ? Cake ne time
4) D - Drink of choice ? - Mango....Watermelon.... This tht actually depends on my mood.
5) E - Essential item you use every day ? - Many this space wudn be enuf
6) F - Favorite color ? - Purple...purple....purple....any shades of purple ne time(my sweet fren always teases me for this ;)
7) G - Gummy Bears or Worms ? - None
8) H - Hometown ? - Amgele Mangalore...Namma Kudla...Namma Mangalooru :)
9) I - Indulgence ? - Anything tasty i feel its indulging :)
10 ) J - January or February ? - I can say all 12 months r my fav.... but if u wan me to answer particularly for this then jan wud be the first one bcoz its my hubby's b'day in jan.
11) K - Kids and their names ? - Lemme tell when i get one :P
12) L - Life is incomplete without ? - Loaaaaaaaaads of Love and trust.
13) M - Marriage date ? - 22 August
14) N - Number of siblings? - 1(younger bro)
15) O - Oranges or Apples ? - I think both.
16) P -- Phobias / Fears ? - I m afraid of dying... I wanto live a very healthy long life with GURU (I keep saying i want to c our grand childrens marraige too :P)
17) Q - Quote for today ? - Nobody is perfect..I m nobody...so I m perfect :P
18) R - Reason to smile? - Many but I wud give the credit first to my lovely hubby.
19) S - Season ? spring - No fav season buit i dont like summer.... the weather is too hot here :/
20) T - Tag 4 people ? - Divya, Uj, Mythreyi, Sushma
21) U - Unknown fact about me ? - Uknown is always unkown :P
22) V - Vegetable you don't like ? - why din't u ask me vegetable i like :(!
23) W - Worst habit ? - I am not such worse !
24 ) X - X-rays you've had ? - Many for my tooth :P!
25) Y - Your favourite food ? - Anything vth mushroom, mango, bamboo shoot is always divine food .. by the way there r many more fav's....m sure u will get bored if i continue for long
26 ) Z - Zodiac sign ? - Sagittarius
Beautiful ladies there If you have did the tag then ignore them. Enjoy your awards ;)
Saturday, September 12, 2009
U guys enjoying weekend…. M envying u all…… I m done with my weekend….Ne ways my weekend was toooooooooooooo gud y so many “o”s don’t worry I’ll tell u y….. We had a Burger Party at home where I prepared burgers nd Lemon Mint cooler…..nd all enjoyed the burger to the last bite nd cooler till the last sip…... They praised me so much…. I was on cloud 9…. All roadie freaks went to Gelato…….yum it was just melting down our mouth….. I just relished it like I never had something like tht before. Now don’t ask me whts the difference between Gelato nd Ice Cream….This cud tell u more than me. U can find gelato recipe here. Ok now after all this the real part of my weekend which made me start searching if there was cloud 10 :P. I got a beautiful surprise from my sweet hubby…. B4 u ask me wht lemme tell u I got 2 wonderful jewellery sets :P…..
Are'nt those beautiful???
Mind me i never expected it at all…. Now don’t ask me if tat was my anniversary gift… It wasn …. Ok I don’t want u guys to get bored lemme come to todays recipe….U can find my burger recipe here.
I cudn take gud pics of burgers.... I was damn hungry so i dint have tht patience :P
Lemon Mint cooler
I assure u this cooler not only is gives u a refreshed feeling but also your tongue keeps luking for the last bit of it. He he he I think i'll come down to the cooler recipe
We need :
Lemon – 3
Mint – ½ cup
Sugar – 3 tbsp
Honey – 3tbsp
Salt a pinch
Grind mint leaves.
Dissolve sugar in 4 glasses of water.
And add the ground mint, lemon juice, honey, a pinch of salt and mix well. U can add crushed ice cubes ( I used cold water instead of normal water I skipped crushed ice).
Ur cooler is ready to serve.
Tastes Yum Yum when u add lozza love in it.
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Amma started making sandwiches (2-3 varities )…Anu doesn’t eat though(bcoz he never ate onions nor garlic). I loved the fried onion sandwich vch amma made….I remember the day we bought tht sandwich toaster….:P
We had been to Market in blore(10 yrs bac) tht….my aunt was just married nd new to tht place…she just took one jamun(jambul in konkani …the purple colour berry vch we get during april may) from the batti for taste so tht she cud buy the Bai (lady) there started shouting… Enamma hange tinnodu 50 ps kodi…. (how can u eat like tht now gimme 50 ps for one jamun) we were shocked actually as at tht time 50 ps for one jamun was so costly….:P…..guys u myt be wondering na from bread I went to market, jamun all those things….I m just like tht….:P I started the matter bcoz we bought tht toaster the same day….:P
I remember when once someone ( I don’t want to specify but I m sure if he reads this he will kno who m I spking about :P m sure after reading this he wud never take bread to someones house He he he :P) had visited our place and got 2 loafs of simple bread…As soon as he left all started telling is someone sick at our home tht he got bread…it was ok even if he never got ne thing…:P…..Nd thts bcoz we take bread to someone’s place or hospitals only if someone is sick isn’t it? ( I think m dragging this post too sick :P )…I donno each persons custom myt differ…..:P
Then on amma started making fried onion sandwiches which we just loved…it was so yum… I used to sit on my kitchen slab and relish them hot hot as she prepares.
Now to the bread story…….i ate bakery bread everytime….never tried home made bread but wanted to try it once….. when I started getting my hands on baking i decided of baking bread…. Nd tried my hand on wheat bread. It was in my drafts from more than 4 months :P
It got baked nd I nevr had a piece of it also bcoz I wanted my hubby to taste it first (as he is the guinea pig :P)
He ate the piece nd told Aps do u know ht u have baked???? I was worried then comes a answer its focaccia..Italian bread…..its so tasty….:P… …when I checked the pecipe it was similar…but they added cheese Parmesan nd mozzarella…vch I did not.
He he he I never knew the name though
Ne ways I stop my chatting patting here nd move on to my recipe
Wheat flour – 2 cups
Finely powdered oats- ½ cup
Salt – 1 tsp
Milk – 4tbsp
Italian seasoning (basil,oregano,Rosemary,thyme) – 2tbsp
Garlic powder – 1 tsp
Water (luke warm) – 1 cup
Active Dry yeast – 1 tbsp
Black pepper – 1 tsp (crushed)
Butter/olive oil – 2 tbsp
Sugar – 1tsp
Seasme seeds - 1/2 tsp
Place yeast, sugar and milk in a bowl and mix to combine. set aside in a warm place for 5 minutes or until bubbles begin to form on surface.
Mix together the flour, salt, oil, water and yeast mixture, Garlic powder, Italian seasoning, pepper powder, in a bowl and mix until a smooth dough forms. knead on a lightly floured surface for 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic, adding a little extra flour to the dough if it becomes too sticky.
Roll it into a round shape and allow to rest for n hour or more.
Now knead the dough again nd mix well nd rest it for another hour. ( roll the dough into the shape u want to bake rectangular or round).
now apply seasme seeds on top.
Preheat oven at 350F
Now grease the baking tray nd place the bread on it and bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.
Remove from Oven and place on a wire rack.
Once cooled down cut slices.
I mixed it in a food processer as I dint want my hands to stick :P
Now a soft nd tasty bead is ready to Eat.
Add lozza ♥ to make it yummmm.♥
Here m awarded by two sweeties Sushma Mallya and
I must thank the person who gave me the award and list their blog and link it.
I must list 10 honest things about myselfI must put a copy of The Honest Scrap Logo on my blog.
I must select at least 7 other worthy bloggers & list their links
I must notify the bloggers of the award and hopefully they will follow the above three requirements also.
Now 10 things vch I m going to tell u Guys....
1. M a Talketive Gal.... I can go on nd on.... My mom used to tell me even the washing stone wud break listening to me..... or i cud even speak to the street lamp.... I know its funny.
2. I love my parents a lot.... I kno i was a adamant daughter though.Nd I feel sorry for tht.
3. My husband is my life and he makes my day.
4. I love ice creams a lot u wake me up from my sleep nd offer me ice creams i wud be fresh :P.
5. Though i dont eat fresh strwaberries..... I love strawberry milk a lot...
6. I hate boasting nd Fake Swami (FS) type of pepole a lot. I just cant stand them.
7. I m a very straight forward person.... I kno its a plus as well as minus point....( i hate back stabbers).
8. I started cooking during my school days thts y i had'n to bang my head in kitchen after marraige :P.
9. I m mad about cook books/blogs, crafts,embroidery,nd ne thing nd everything artistic.... thats y i started a cook blog...nd m sure i will upload some artistic things in my blog soon.....these days m a bit crazy about cam's also...nd m learning to take good clicks from my hubby...He is clicks awesome snaps( i m sure he can start some part time job :P).
10. Laughter is the best medicine....this line will always suit me bcoz i laugh for small things....nd in college we(nandu nd me) ver known as laughing gals.......nd m sure if there was ne laughter award there we wud surely grab it.....:P
I kno i got u guys bored vth this but u guys had to bear me :P.
Now I m passing these award to some more sweeties.
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
But mind me even tht tasted yummmmmmmmmmmm……
When I had my lunch I found mushrooms in the pulav(vch was a surprise ingredient).
I was sumwat ok by afternoon so I tried to get a click…m not making the dish luk gr8 as it was…Sorry Guru….
Here is what he did
First he soaked 1 cup of rice for half n hr….
Then in a bottom vessel add ghee, and fry almost 10-12 Cashewnuts(broken), once they r brown add sliced onions(1), add peas, mushrooms, and rice nd fry for a minute or two then add 2 cups of water and salt and cook until water evaporates nd rice is done. Garnish with finely chopped Corriander leaves.
This is whnt he told me I m repeating the same. :P
Tastes Yum Yum when u add lozza love in it.