Baby Corn Tikka - Tawa Method, served with Dahi Pudina Chutney
Baby corn tikka is one such starter which is loved by almost all. How about making it on Tawa? Believe me it’s one of the easiest method to make it. I pack this for my daughters snack box and she relishes it just like we do.
Let’s see how to make it
Baby corn - 10
Corn flour - 2 tbsp
Kashmiri Chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seed powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander seed powder - 1/2 tsp
Chaat Masala – 1 tsp
1. Firstly take 2 cups of water and heat it. Add washed/peeled baby corn and blanch it just for 2 minutes.
2. Drain it and run under cold water, keep aside for later use.
3. Mix the corn flour, chilly powder, garam masala, cumin powder, coriander powder and chaat masala all together in a bowl.
4. Now apply this batter on the baby corn and leave it aside in a closed bowl for at least half an hour(I normally leave it for 2 hours) .*check notes.
5. Now keep them on the dosa pan and roast it by smearing oil on top it. Keep turning the baby corns so that all the sides get roasted evenly. Serve it hot with a dahi pudina chutney.
Baby corn tikka is ready to eat. :)
Dahi Pudina Chutney
1) 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
2) 1/2 cup fresh cilantro/coriander leaves
3) 250 grams/ ¼ th cup hung curd.
4) 2-3 green chilies (moderately spicy)
5) 2 cloves of garlic
6) ¼ th tsp roasted cumin seeds powder/bhuna jeera powder
7) 1 tsp salt
8) pinch of black salt
1) In a grinder jar put mint leaves,Coriander leaves, garlic,Green Chilies.
2) Grind these ingredients into a fine paste(Try not to add water, in case needed add just a tbsp).
3) Whisk the hung curd in a large bowl.
4) Now add green chutney to whisked curd. Add roasted cumin seeds powder, black salt and salt.
5) Mix all the ingredients evenly.
Serve with Tikka.
If you are going to pack it for your kids/or even your tiffin box then you can do the process 1-4 i.e apply masala to the blanched baby corns and refrigerate it. Next morning you can tawa roast it. This way you will not run out of time.
Do try and let me know how you liked it.