Macaroni with Basil and Walnut Pesto
We like Pasta at home and when pasta is made with fresh pesto then it’s totally Yummy. I had a fresh bunch of basil so I have made Basil Walnut Pesto and added it to Macaroni instead of Spaghetti or any other Pasta.
The pasta is made according to our liking you can make the pesto just this way and continue making the pasta Your Style.
Here is what we need for the Pesto
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- ¼ cup (25 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups (80 g) fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup (30 g) walnuts
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon crystal salt/sea salt
- Place all ingredients into the mixie container or blender in the order listed above and secure lid.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to medium power.
- Blend for 1 minute, using medium power.
To make Pasta We need:
Basil Walnut Pesto – for which recipe is mentiones above.
200g pasta (I used macaroni)
1 tbsp olive oil+ ½ tbsp butter
4 cherry tomatoes optional(cut into 4 pieces)
1 tbsp fresh cream
Black pepper powder about ½ tsp
Boil the pasta when cooked strain it under cold water and keep aside for later use.
Heat a pan and Pour the cream into a pan and add two-thirds of the pesto, then gently stir it.
Add the cooked pasta and cherry tomatoes and pepper powder adjust salt accordingly.
Serve immediately, sprinkled with the extra Parmesan, few walnuts and basil, if using.
The leftover pesto will keep in the fridge for up to a week, or frozen for up to a month.