Paneer being my daughter M’s favorite I try making various recipes from it. This particular recipe is from Chef Vikas Khanna and is a little healthier because there is no cream or butter in it.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp kasuri methi/dried fenugreek leaves crushed
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 8-9 cubes of paneer (I used ready made cubes so they were small)
- 1 tsp chopped coriander leaves
- To make Paneer Lababdar heat oil in a pan
- Add onions, ginger paste, garlic paste and sauté them.
- Then add turmeric powder, garam masala, chilli flakes, salt, and mix well chopped tomatoes and sauté well making sure the tomatoes get a little mushy.
- Add the mixture to a mixture jar(make sure the mixture isn’t too hot before grinding). Add water and make a fine paste.
- Empty the paste into the same pan where you sautéed them without adding oil . Add lemon juice, paneer, coriander leaves, kasuri methi and mix it well
- Paneer Lababdar is ready to serve with rotis/chapathi or Naan or even Simple Jeera Rice.
You can add 1 tbsp low fat cream and add 1/2 tsp butter while you saute onions.
For a rich flavour you can even add few soaked cashewnuts while grinding. i have skipped all this as it was a healthier version showed in Saffola Fit Foodie
The Above mentioned recipe Serves only one where as i have made it for four.