Chakkuli Masala

What do you do when you have chakkuli/murrukku in lot?? I never have them in lot many a times but it was when my hubby had come back from India my mom send a lot of nanchanae tinglodu/ragi murrukku(homemade) and my in-law’s sent some rice chakkuli’s(not homemade), so we were loaded with Chakkuli at home. We enjoyed all the homemade ones as they are irresistible, but I had a pack of other murrkku lying in the shelf (may be we had a overdose of them) so soon I decided on making this Chakkuli Masala.
I started making this after tasting this in Carstreet, Mangalore.




We need:
Chakkuli - 5 -6
Onion - 1 medium, finely chopped
Tomato - 1 medium, finely chopped
Few sprigs of coriander leaves finely chopped
Coconut oil – 1 tsp
Chilli powder – ¼ th tsp
Salt to taste( we require very little as chakkuli’s have salt)
Juice of lemon/lime – 1 tsp





Method:
Break the chakkuli into small pieces and keep aside.
Add all the remaining ingredients one by one into a mixing bowl and mix very well.
To this mixture add broken chakkuli’s and mix well.
Serve immediately.
Note:
If you find raw mangoes you can add finely chopped mangoes to this.
Enjoy Cooking,

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BANGARPET PANI PURI

Orange Pani Puri

Chudi Pooja and Nagar Panchami Significance with a recipe of Patholi