Bisibelebath Powder

Hello and Good Morning with another flavorful post in Aps Kitchen. I am happy that in this month this is my third post and I am trying to be regular here. Hope to continue like this in future. 
During my childhood I just heard about bisibelebath(there was no internet to read the recipe nor anyone to tell the recipe to amma orelse this would not be the statement) and had never tasted it until my MIL made it at home. I had asked her for the recipe she told me how to make it but I needed exact measurements so I had to search for the recipe and ended up watching this videoand mind me it turned out to Awesome J


Here is what we need for the Bisibelebath Powder
  • ¼ cup Chana dal
  • ¼ cup Urad dal
  • ¾ cup coriander seeds
  • 1 tablespoon jeera/ cumin seeds
  • ¾ tsp mustard seeds
  • ½ tsp methi/ fenugreek seeds
  • 1 tablespoon poppy seeds/ gasagase ( I skip this when I make it here as Poppy Seeds are not allowed in UAE but when I had been in India I have added it and it has its own flavor)
  • 10 pieces of 1 inch cinnamon sticks
  • 6 cloves
  • 45 byadgi or kasmiri red chillis
  • 20  red chillies (small ones named as Guntur)
  • 2 tablespoon oil
 Method:
1)      Heat the pan on a medium high heat.
2)      Add oil, then add all the ingredients except dhania and poppy seeds.
3)      Fry it until th Dal’s turn golden brown.
4)      Once it turns into golden brown color, add dhania and poppy seeds. Fry only for a minute.
5)      Turn off the heat and allow it to cool completely.
6)      Then grind this to a fine powder.
7)       Bisi Bele Bath Powder is ready.

8)      Store it in a Air tight container and use it to make Authentic Bisi Bele bath.


This Makes around 2 cups of powder, In which we can make BBB almost 5 times.
With A Flavoured post its time to say Bye,

Comments

Hari Chandana said…
Very useful recipe! :)