Gobi Urval


Blogging has made me A bit tension free sometimes, reason being less thinking of what to cook when I don’t have any Idea as to what I should prepare. Most of the time it leaves me salivating or just thinking about the dish ;). Same did this dish do to me when I first saw it in Sai’s Blog. She had posted a lovely recipe of Paneer Urval and I kept on thinking to make it.  One fine day when I thought of making it I realized that I am short with paneer/ cottage cheese so I made it with Gobi/Cauliflower.
So here is my recipe for Gobi Urval.
Ingredients to be marinated:

Gobi – 200 gms (around 2 cup florets cleaned and washed)
Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Salt – to taste

Ingredients to be ground:
Fried long chillies(kashmiri will do)-5-6
Garlic-5 flakes
Ginger-2” pc
Tamarind-a small peanut sized ball

Ingredients to be fried:
Long red chillies-5-6 no s
Cashewnuts-10-15 cut into bits
Curry leaves-20 -25 leaves
Oil-2 tsp

Other ingredients:
Onions- 2-3 chopped
Tomato -2 pureed
Oil-2- 3 tspTomato sauce-2 tsp


Method:
  1. Grind the ingredients mentioned under to be ground and keep it aside.
  2. Marinate the Gobi with the ingredients mentioned under ingredients to be marinated and add even a tsp of ground paste to this it tastes Super Yummy
  3. Take a pan, heat oil and fry the ingredients mentioned under to be fried and keep it aside.
  4. In the same pan heat oil, fry onions until it changes color, add the remaining ground masala, tomato puree and fry until raw smell disappears and the oil leaves the sides of the pan.
  5. Add marinated Gobi florets, tomato sauce, and cover and cook until done.
  6. Garnish with fried ingredients and stir for few minutes and Serve Hot.
While eating do not throw away the curry leaves eat them along with the gobi it tastes Super yum!


  

Comments

kraftangan said…
Very unique one never heard about it re :) will try :)
Unknown said…
Looks so delicious..
Unknown said…
Truley Super yummy delight dear. Love the colors.
Unknown said…
Tried this today Aparnakka...loved it !! was simply yumm :)
Unknown said…
Tried this today Aparnakka...was simply yumm !! :)