Crunchy Munchy #5-Ponsa Karo/Jackfruit chips


Actually I had thought of ending the Crunchy munchy during the last post but as we made some extra munchies I have 2 extra post coming J. So Enjoy!!!!!
Jackfruit is one of the most loved fruit at my home sweet home. Making these chips is one of the sweet memories of my childhood. I still remember making of this chips when I was 9 My my we almost made 10 kgs of this chips….. from then we never made such lot neither would dream of such!!! Ahh…. We enjoyed the chips then till the last bit of it J J J….. Mamama Amma, C pachi n I was in the making of the chips.
But these days we make a small lot never more than 3 kgs ;) don’t know is it becoz we cant make it or don’t have time to make it just like we did before. How many of u have such Munchies made at home with so much memories??? Did I say I have yeh I do have lots of memories. Without lots of chit chat lets come to the main topic. 

Crunchy Munchy #5-Ponsa Karo/Jackfruit chips

This is how we make this
Raw, but firm and fresh jackfruits, just out of the tree, are used for this.  
What you need:
1 medium sized raw jackfruit 
Oil - enough for deep frying
Salt - 12 heaped tsp
CIMG1284

ü  If using fresh jackfruit, it’s a good idea to oil your knife we use the Adoli( the wooden plank with curved knifeI don’t know wht is it named in English) and hands first before cutting, as the fruit has sticky latex in it.
ü  First cut the fruit into half and remove the centre  from it.
ü  Pull out the flesh fruit bulbs from the pieces and remove the seeds from it.
ü  Cut the fruit into thin long wedges.
ü  Combine salt and water in a small bowl and keep aside.
ü  Heat a deep fryer or a frying pan in medium-high, add enough coconut oil for frying, wait till the oil is heated through, add the cut fruits and fry it stirring constantly.
ü  While frying, add about 1/2 tsp salt water and give it a stir.
ü  Fry until the chips turn golden brown and transfer it to a platter with holes or paper towel.

Note
cut all the fruits evenly for better frying.When adding thesalt water mix, step back as the oil will bubble up making a slight sound but don’t panic, it will settle down in a while.




CIMG1283


Tastes Yum Yum Face Eating Yellow Smiley Decoration Images when u add lozza loveYellow Smiley Face In Love Decoration Images in it.
Signing Off 
Until then wait for next crunchy munchy!!!

Comments

OMG, very tempting.My fav one.beautiful and bright clicks
wow...
looks perfect and crispy dear..
Pass me the bowl :)
Indian Khana said…
I love these and your clicks are so tempting ....
Unknown said…
This is my fav..very tempting clicks
I love them very much...looks yummy..:)
Never tried...looks easy and delicious...Will try this.
Divya Kudua said…
Yum..I love this and guess what,have a post ready for this in my drafts which I had completely forgotten!!Amma made this for me during my last visit and I took pictures and ate it:)
Prema said…
I don't mind to finish this whole bowl,pls pass it...very tempting dear...
Ms.Chitchat said…
Wish cud grab some, looks so fresh and crispy. Wow,wow,wow :):)
divya said…
wow...looks perfect and crispy dear..
Pass me the bowl :)
Priya Suresh said…
Feel like finishing that whole bowl,soo crispy and tempting..
Hari Chandana P said…
Excellent and delicious recipe.. looks simply inviting.. thanks for the recipe dear.. :)
Indian Cuisine
Nithya said…
I love these!! OMG you reminded me of it and I am wanting it right now :) yummmmm :) Fantastic clicks dear.