GULAB JAMUN/गुलाब जामुन/ಗುಲಾಬ್ ಜಾಮೂನ್


My new blog starts with a sweet dish. Where is the old one might be the question, it got deleted by my great mistake. I am feeling bad for it now because guru felt bad the most about this. He asked me to start a new one. He would be the most happiest one when he comes to know that I started one today itself! How cud I make him unhappy? At last what I want is his happiness. So I started a new blog where I m going to post most of my recepies which I’ll be doing.
Don’t wonder y I wrote the name GULAB JAMUN nd start my story. I’ll surely continue with this dish.
I pride myself to write about Gulab jamun first because I was praised so much for this by Guru always I prepared it. I commit to doing something, I make it sure it’s done and I add up all my effort I could. Each time guru wanted to eat jamun I never said “No” or “I’ll Try”. It was always Jaith (Ok).
Every time Gulab Jamun was prepared at home I was happy not because I have prepared it instead I get a wonderful feeling when Guru always said “Hanv itle ruchi gulab jamun kedanai khaini”( I never ate such gulab jamun any time) and he gets them empty in few minutes.
Amma used khoya(mawa) to prepare gulab jamun but I never found it here at any Shop. So the only option was Gulab jamun mix.
After such a long history about jamun I think I need to tell how it is done.

Here is what we need:
Jamun mix -100 gms
Sugar -1 cup
Water- 1 cup +a little for the mix
Almonds- few sliced
Saffron – few strands
Coconut oil+ ghee for frying

Method:
Empty the mix in a bowl and add water keep adding very little water till it gets into a soft dough. now make small balls of the dough and keep aside.
Now heat ghee and oil and fry these balls in it. Remove them when it turns brown.
For syrup:
In a vessel add sugar and water get it to boil until the syrup comes to a string consistency when touched. Then add saffron, this gives good colour and taste too.
Once syrup is done add the fried jamuns and keep them dipped in the syrup for half n hour.
Decorate them with sliced almonds.
U can add cardamom powder also to the syrup.

Comments

lubnakarim06 said…
Hi,
Starting of a blog on a sweet note is something very nice. Jamuns look mouth watering.......
Aps Kitchen said…
thank u lubna my huuby dears mouth watered too
Anonymous said…
This website definitely has all of the info I needed concerning this subject
and didn't know who to ask.
My weblog ... what are skin tags